Cheers to the first official day of summer! To celebrate the best day of June, I am sharing with you a sweet summer cocktail recipe and a summer playlist!
This cocktail recipe was inspired by a strawberry and basil drink I had over my graduation weekend that was such a delicious combination that I never would have thought of before! The two flavors are so refreshing and perfect for hot, summer days.
- A handful of strawberries
- A handful of basil leaves
- Vodka or rum (your preference)
- Agave nectar (optional, if you want it sweeter)
- Soda water
- Limes (optional)
- If you’re looking for a stronger flavor, muddle the strawberries and basil. If you want something more subtle, you can just wash and cut it.
- Add the strawberries and basil to ice and soda water.
- After mixing it together, you can add a bit of agave nectar or other natural sweetener to your drink. Be careful with agave nectar! A little does a lot!
- Add vodka or rum to taste.
- Looking for a little more flavor? Throw in some limes or put it in a container and shake it.
I hope you enjoy this drink recipe as much as I did! It also is so delicious as a detox water too! So splurge at night, detox in the morning!
While you’re enjoying this delicious drink, throw on these summer playlists! Last time I shared a playlist, I got such kind feedback, so here goes round two, with two playlists:
Summer always screams country for me! For my country lovers, here is a mix of upbeat, sweet summertime songs:
Thanks so much for reading and HAPPY SUMMER!