This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BTSWithPinkGrapefruit #CollectiveBias
You know how it goes. You start off with a beaming smile on your face and little butterflies in your stomach, so proud of your accomplishment. You are on cloud nine and feeling invincible. But then, far too quickly, you find someone else who, seemingly or rightfully so, beat you. Someone who was more creative, produced bigger numbers, balanced life better, has a happier relationship, makes more money, travels more… the list goes on and on.
Whether it’s through your job, your passion project, or even just posting a picture from what you initially thought was the best weekend ever, it is far too easy to sabotage your happiness by playing the comparison game. I certainly fall guilty to this all of the time (more than I’d like to admit). Today, I want to take a step back from the style and travel posts and talk how we can beat this happiness-crippling thing called comparison.
How to Beat the Comparison Game + Embrace Your Talents and Passions
- Empower yourself through your daily routines.
- One of the most important things you can do to boost your confidence and avoid entering the comparison game is to find healthy routines for yourself that make you feel balanced and positive. Whether this is taking time to meditate, journal, sip your coffee and reflect, or just take a deep breath every now and then, it is so critical to implement healthy habits. Taking moments to reflect on yourself allows you to stay connected to your talents and passions and align yourself with the parts of life that are meant for you to excel in.
- Take care of your health.
- It might not seem like your health can make an impact on your comparison game, but it absolutely does. Taking care of your body directly impacts your mindset. Improve your confidence by fueling your body and treating it well. Do your very best day in and day out and know that is enough. And your best certainly doesn’t have to be the same as someone else’s best. Some days, your best might be eating chips along side your salad and that is just fine.
- Embrace your true beauty.
- I absolutely love makeup just as much as the next girl, but there is something so confidence-boosting about feeling powerful in your own skin without a touch of anything on. For me, this has always been a struggle and a key culprit for entering the comparison game. When I turned 20, my skin took a turn for the worst. Over the past couple of years, I have fought acne and scarring, sometimes effectively, and other times not so much. Scrolling through Instagram, I saw nothing but flawless, beautiful skin and immediately felt my confidence take a turn for the worst. Over the past year, I have made an elevated effort to really treat my skin, along with my mind and my body, the very best I possibly can. As you all know by know, NEUTROGENA®, the #1 Dermatologist recommended acne brand, has been one of my favorite brands to help me on my skincare journey. One of my go-to products is the NEUTROGENA® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Gel cleanser that is packed with grapefruit extract + vitamin C to help clear breakouts and the marks they leave behind. It doesn’t take a $200 cleanser to give you that incredible skin you see all over Instagram – it takes a $7 cleanser from CVS and a dose of reality (see below). Plus, this week, the NEUTROGENA® Pink Grapefruit collection is buy 1 get 1 50% off at CVS – so what better time to test it out? Plus, there is an Ibotta offer that your readers can take advantage of at CVS on NEUTROGENA® Acne products and earn up to $2.00 cash back while supplies last.
- Understand everything is circumstantial.
- You know the saying, “don’t compare your behind-the-scenes to someone else’s highlight reel?” Take a mental note, and save it. When I was looking at girls with beautiful, flawless skin on Instagram, I was seeing the very best they had to show the world. I wasn’t seeing them climbing into bed with zit cream. So yes, treat your skin and elevate your true beauty to give you that extra dose of confidence, but also know that the comparison game was not made to be fair.
- Embrace what sets you a part.
- Most importantly, know that the comparison game is FLAWED. You are not made to be compared with thousands of other girls you see online. You are made to shine through as the person you are. The best part about that? You don’t need to compare or compete. Embrace what makes you unique and cheer on what makes others shine, too. There is more than enough room for everyone to excel.