Breakfast really isn’t my thing. I know, crazy talk! But I am not a huge fan of breakfast foods and my stomach is very sensitive to a lot of foods in the morning! Does anyone else have this problem? Unfortunately, eggs seem to especially be my nemesis, which is a bummer when my dad makes such delicious egg sandwiches and skillets (so I’ll save eating those for later in the day!).
I know eating breakfast is a must, so I work hard to find healthy options that don’t hurt a sensitive stomach and actually make me want to eat breakfast! While nothing can top my love for avocado toast, these health blueberry muffins are perfect for when you need something quick or to take with you on-the-go! I have gone through countless healthy muffin recipes and I mixed a bunch of them together to come up with these bite-sized, healthy treats! I hope you enjoy!
Blueberry Mini Muffins Recipe
Makes: About 16 mini muffins, or about 3-4 servings (I like making smaller batches like this! Since these muffins are so fresh, they have a short life! I also love doing mini muffins with this recipe since doing regular muffins can sometimes make them soggy.)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon (approximately) ground flax seed (or get whole flaxseed and a flaxseed grinder- this grinder is great to grind whenever you need a springy of flax seed on anything!)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A mini muffin pan (this one is a steal!)
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing pan, mix together everything except for the blueberries. In a lot of muffin recipes, they say to mix your wet ingredients separately from dry, and then combine. I haven’t noticed that to make a difference with this recipe, and the whole point of these muffins is to be easy and quick, so I say throw it all together and mix well!
- Next, add the blueberries to your batter and gently stir them in.
- Spray your mini muffin pan well and then add the batter. You can fill the mini muffin tins all the way to the top since they don’t rise too much!
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes. The tops of the muffins will start to turn golden and if you stick a tooth pick in them, it will come out clear.
- Let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes. Since there are A LOT of a blueberries in these muffins, they aren’t easy to pull out. Instead, use a butter knife to gently trace the edge and then pop it right out!
- ENJOY! I love these blueberry bites so much, especially right out of the oven! If you are eating them a day or two afterwards, feel free to stick them in the microwave for a couple of seconds or in a conventional oven for a minute. Yum!
What are you favorite morning bites? I hope you enjoy these mini muffins! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! XO