Hi everyone! Hope you are excited for part two of my insider beauty advice series! If you missed last week’s post, you can check it out here. Here is a quick recap:
As many of you already know, I had the most incredible opportunity working in beauty PR this summer. I could go on and on about all of the professional takeaways I gained from working with such a talented team in an amazing work culture, but let’s be real, unless you work in PR/marketing, you are here for the beauty tips! 😉 And I have PLENTY of them for you!
Sidenote: If you do work in PR/marketing and want to hear about how amazing this professional experience was, leave a comment below and I’d love to connect and talk to you more!
Working in beauty PR, you are constantly surrounded by the latest and greatest products, amazing style teams, and endless of beauty tips. Plus, my passion for beauty definitely encouraged me to pick the brains of basically anyone I could for even more tips.
After testing so many different products this summer, I have learned a lot about what works well and what is worth the money! First and foremost, do not get held up about mass products versus prestige products. There are amazing products at every price point and sometimes the $9 eyeliner is even better than the $25 one. The most important thing you can do to find the products that work well for you is to: 1. Read reviews! Reviews are SO telling! 2. Try the products out for yourself. You never know until you try it.
After following both of those steps, here are some of my favorite beauty products I found this summer through a LOT of research and testing!
Best Beauty Products
- Tarte Tape Shape: This concealer is MAGIC! I swear it can fix anything! Use a shade lighter under your eyes to really make your eyes pop.
- Alien: Oh my goodness, this smells like liquid confidence! I absolutely love it and it lasts so long.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm: When it goes on your lips, it feels like a high quality lip balm, but looks like a gorgeous lipstick. Totally love getting the best of both worlds!
- AG Smooth Shampoo and Shine Conditioner: These products have made such a difference in my hair. They are quite pricey, but keep an eye out for a sale because they do wonders!
- Benefit They’re Real Primer & Mascara: My eyelashes have never looked longer and fuller than when I use this duo, and I’ve tried a lot of mascaras.
- Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner: This toner is ridiculously good. When you spray it, it leaves a bubbly and tingly feeling on your skin, which gives you the ultimate sensorial experience. The toner also has really helped reduce inflammation of my acne, which it is not advertised to do, but is something I have definitely noticed!
- e.l.f Flawless Face Brush: In my last post, I talked about this brush when creating a beautiful, airbrushed look. I love how it delivers a flawless, even finish and it is so soft.
- Ulta Beauty Collection: The Ulta Beauty Collection is incredible. Normally, when we see a brand create their own line, I think we often dismiss its value, assuming it is simply a generic version. This totally isn’t the case with Ulta Beauty’s line, though. The products are so innovative and packed with great ingredients. I can’t rave about it enough! Here are some of my favorites I discovered this summer:
- Eyeshadow: If I could only use one Ulta Beauty Collection item for the rest of my life, it would be the eyeshadows. They are INCREDIBLE! They blend so well and last all day. I swear they work better than any other eyeshadow I have ever tried. I LOVE this palette for fall, their singles are incredible (this shade and this shade are my favorite), and I am dying to try this gorgeous palette.
- Crease Brush: This brush is amazing! I talked about it before here, and I am still such a huge fan. I also love this brush for putting a neutral base coat on my lid.
- Juice-Infused Lip Oil: First of all, isn’t the name just so cute? Who doesn’t want to use juicy lip oil? It works so well for hydrating your lips and also looks like a gorgeous lip gloss. I love the black raspberry one!
- Waterfull Gel Cream Moisturizer: I LOVE this moisturizer and it works great on my acne-prone, oily skin. It soaks right in and is really calming. It is also great for priming your skin for your foundation! I use it morning and night.
- Coconut Milk Lotion Spray: I am so obsessed with this lotion! I am hooked on the lavender scent right now and use it every night before bed. It is so calming!
- Charcoal Swabs: You might be thinking, “Really? You’re putting cotton swabs on your list of favorite products?” But these things are different! The charcoal cotton swabs are tightly woven so they are perfect for fixing that winger eyeliner!
I hope sharing my favorite beauty products I’ve discovered this summer has sparked some inspiration for you! Enjoy exploring! XO
Thanks for the awesome tips!
Thanks so much! 🙂
Thank you for all of the products!!! Gonna have to check all of these out!
So happy to hear that! I hope you enjoy! XO
Lauren Nakagawa says
You must have loved your time there, surrounded with pretty products like Tarte would be something I’d love too!
It was so amazing! and taste totally has my heart!
Wow this is awesome i need to try some of these products for myself but i have heard really great reviews about ELF brushes i will try that one 1st
elf brushes are so amazing for the price, definitely recommend!!
La Shell says
I keep hearing about Tarte’s shape tape but I’m yet to get it. I LOVE clinique stuff. I’m currently using a face moisturizer and it is divine! Great post!
It is LIFE CHANGING! I am totally a tarte tape shade fanatic! Love Clinique’s moisturizer, too! I’ve used their line since I started with skincare! 🙂
Its great to get insider tips. Some products are overrated!
It’s so fun finding the gems! XO
Beauty and Beatitudes says
Some of my favorite things! The ULTA line is def underrated, it’s so good. Xx
Right?! It’s amazing! On par with prestige brands for a fraction of the price!
Laura || Walking in Memphis in High Heels says
The Tarte shape tape is my favorite too! I never knew benefit made a primer for that mascara! I need to get it.
Isn’t it incredible?! It fixes anything, I swear! Ha! And yes, totally try it out! I tested not using it this week (on accident while I was traveling and forgot it) and realized it makes a big difference!
Thank you so much for all of the beauty tips! A bunch of these products I’ve never heard of before so I’ll be sure to check them out!
So happy to hear you got something out of it! XO 🙂
Ashley Mickey says
These are great tips! I can;t wait to check out some of these products!
So happy to hear that!! 🙂
Ruthie Ridley (@RuthieRidley) says
Oh wow!! So many great tips and products!! I will have to check these out!!
Thanks so much! 🙂
Louella Reese says
I’ve heard such great things about Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm, I really need to give them a try.
xo Laura Leigh
It’s so amazing! Seriously feels like a luxurious lip balm and gives such a pretty color! XO
These colors are perfect for fall!
Totally! I am obsessed! Thanks so much!
Nicole of What Nicole Wore says
This sounds like such a cool experience! I haven’t tried the Ulta line in awhile, sounds like I need to pick some up!
Couldn’t recommend it more! It’s AMAZING! Definitely try it out 🙂
Jenna Colgrove says
i need to try some of these new names!
Totally! I love finding new brands! 🙂
i must try this coconut moisturizer spray! sounds so amazing!!
Oh my goodness, DO! It is amazing! Totally in love with it!
LOVE ALIEN!! It is my scent! I need to try the under eye concealer!!
It is AMAZING! So in love with it! And yes girl, it’s amazing! Try it!! 🙂
Gret post. Working as a beauty PR sounds like a drem come true.
Thanks so much! It was INCREDIBLE!