A Look Back at Our Special Day
When I think back to our wedding day, sometimes it still truly feels like a dream. After ten years together and three years engaged, our special day was a long time coming (filled with a lot of anticipation), so it feels so wild to think after all of that time, the day itself came and went in the blink of an eye.
For my brides-to-be out there, I am sure you hear over and over, “soak in every moment.” But really challenge yourself to live and breathe that mantra your entire wedding day. Take moments to step aside with your partner and look around at the day you’ve created together – and cherish every moment.
And to take this piece of advice one step further, I also challenge you to think of all of the ways you can capture the feelings of your special day and bottle it up for you to relive in the years to come. That of course looks like photography, but that also looks like videography, an audio guest book, polaroids or film cameras, and so much more. I could write a whole blog post on this (and definitely will, so stay tuned!).
So here we are, three months after our special day, looking at all of the little things that transport us back.
I can’t wait to share so many more blog posts on our wedding planning experience, but for now, below is a little peek into our special day.
Wedding Planning Tips + Tricks
Looking for more wedding content? Here’s what’s live so far! Stay tuned for more.
- Are Wedding Audio Guest Books Worth It?
- 10 Things Your Wedding Hair and Makeup Artists Want You to Know
- “It’s the Little Things” Bridesmaid Proposal Boxes
- Five Tips for Making the Most Out of Your Engagement Pictures
- Romantic and Airy Midwestern Wedding Venues Near Chicago
- Our Romantic and Historic Midwestern Wedding Venue
- Best Wedding Planning Podcasts for the Bride-to-Be
- Our Wedding Vision + Resources to Help Plan Your Wedding
A Peek into Our Wedding Day
Wedding Vendor Details
- Location: Elmhurst, Illinois just outside of Chicago
- Venue: Wilder Mansion
- Photographer: Lindsey Taylor Photography
- Videography: Chaviano Creative
- Florals: Michaela Mantarian
- Catering: Wooden Paddle
- Beauty: Hannah Elisabeth Beauty
- Dress: Custom Made by Bettina Bridal and Couture
- Groom’s Custom Tux: Jos A Bank
- Groom’s Custom Cuff Links: Etsy
- Groom’s Watch: Macys
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Mumu Weddings
- Groomsmen Suits: Jos A Bank
- Groom’s Second Look: Jos A Bank
- Audio Guest Book: FêteFone
- Bridal Rode: Le Rose
- Bridesmaid Getting Ready Outfits: Plum Pretty Sugar
- Bridal Earrings: Untamed Petals
- Veil: Marry Bridal
- Handbag: Loeffler Randall
- Shoes: Loeffler Randall
- Reception Dress: Have Dress
- Hand-Selected Dinner Wines: Seaglass Wine
- Beauty Prep: Milk and Honey Spa (Code: Kylie15 for 15% off!)